Thursday 4 August 2011

JELLY ON AN EFFIN PLATE BABES.

in the past year I've consumed more jelly than any other living thing on mars, FACT.
oo lala.
after eating so much alcoholic jelly in the past year thanks to oliver fisher and chris bulch i decided to make some of my ownnnnnnnnnnnnnn. oo



previously in the year i got so into jelly moulds, my mum now has a collection of about 6, and i made this rabbit shaped jelly; 


perfect if i do say so myself baybeh
so what would be more perfect then combining the two brill ideas.

so all u basically need is:
  • a jug
  • a microwavey baby
  • jelly cubes
  • a kettle
  • a mould
  • a fridge
  • water
  • alcohol




its super easy peasy lemon squeezy, just follow the instructions on the jelly pack but substitute half the water for alcohol, here i used vodka, obvi.
here's my jelly in the fridge
wowie
my most special memory from my whole childhood is from one of my birthday parties,
my mum made a rabbit jelly sitting in a field of green jelly.
i was about 7 so vodka wasn't included boooooooooooooo.
but doesn't it sound amazing!!! yayyyyy
i used cointreau instead of vodka yawn, genius 

oo babes


once the green jelly was set i mashed it up to look bumpy like grass


i then had the difficult task of turning out the rabbit
 wahh





it didn't go well...... :((((((((((((((( wah-se-poo's.

all that was left to do was to put the mashed green around the rabbit, i also managed to salvage some of the monstrosity that was the rabbit.




not too shabby if i say so my self babez!
it tasted a bit strong so i would recommend a bit less alcohol than i put in.
i might also research ways to get jelly out a mould in one go lolzzzz.

I'm not quite sure if I'm doing this right but totes attempting to link with Handmade Thursday...

Inspire Me Beautiful
did i dooo it??? fingers crossed ahhhhhhh.


5 comments:

  1. Gotta love a link-up!

    I've found myself rather partial to a voddy, lemonade and lime of late, totes gonna make a jelly version now!

    I once made a tequila slammer sorbet, was delish. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even get how the top photo resembles a rabbit lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, but poor bunny :( ... no matter - it'll slide down the same..COL (chuckle out loud) and that's what counts.

    Blessings,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Brilliant! Thanks for linking up.... I'm liking your style! I will have to try this.... when the kids are not here of course.... could you imagine!? :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christea, a tequila sorbet sounds amazing! deffo gonna have to find a recipe for that one!!
    Robs, i guess it takes a bit of imagination
    Marianne, certainly and it gave us all a jolly good time
    and WhiteLily yh, best to not let kiddies have it haha

    ReplyDelete