Thursday 25 August 2011

Being an astronaut DDDDUUUUHHHH

on May the 14th is was my bestests birthday.
she had a fancy dress party and i just love fancy dress so much
it makes me feel fancy.

so i thought i could literally be anything
ANYTHING IN THE WORLD.
i thought of wearing my fringed buck skin vest oo
and i could be a cowboy, wearing a snazzy check shirt and some boots.
but obvi i decided against that because i like creating work for me to do.
im a wally wombat.

it took time to figure out exactly what i wanted to be but as u can guess from the title i was an astronaut.
my mums boyf is a builder and has some white overalls from B&Q.
it was only a fiver so i went and bought one and got working on MY SEWING WOAHING MACHINE
heres the sexy final result
 i used a duvet cover i found in my charity shop which had printed on it planets and rockets.
i cut a circle out of it, then cut it in half and sewed the halves on wither side of the zip.
i then used a ribbon and tried to copy the NASA logo.


i also made that swanky pinata shes about to bash in the style of a space helmet.
if there was a fancy dress award ceremony i'd cry and have a speech thanking my mum and dad and god and niel armstrong.


 thats my friend robyn, who didnt dress up but could pass for a witch, me, lisas boyf father christmas chris and the birthday girl herself lisa as a cat.


heres a closer look babes:



linking up with Handmade Thursday.
i've missed the last two, hope im greeted with open arms :]]]]]]]


Inspire Me Beautiful

4 comments:

  1. I love your posts, they're brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always knew you were a space cadet and now I have the proof! Fab make. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your handmade Thursday make...it's FAB! You must get double points for making a pinatta too. It's a very warm welcome from me, can't wait to see more of your makes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love visiting your blog! Brilliant - and yes, of course you are always more than welcome :)

    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete